Main menu

Pages

Chipotle Pico de Gallo

Makes: 3 cups.

This salsa is from Jane Butel's cooking school in Albuquerque, New Mexico and is great
with fajitas or as a dip for chips.

1/4 C fresh lime juice
2 tsp minced canned chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
4 garlic cloves, mince
2 C chopped seed tomatoes
1 C chopped onion
½ C chopped fresh cilantro

• Combine fresh lime juice, chipotle chilies and minced garlic in large bowl.
• Add chopped tomatoes, onion and fresh cilantro.
• Season to taste with salt.
• Let pico de gallo stand 1 hour at room temperature to allow flavors to develop.


Jot’s Notes: 
• This salsa was good as a chip salsa, but was worse the next day. I think it
probably should be eaten within 6 hours.

• I’d try it increasing the amount of chipolte chilies, as I didn’t really get a hint of
the adobo sauce taste.

Source: International Recipes (http://www.simpleinternet.com/recipes/)
reactions

Comments