Main menu

Pages

French Onion Chicken
Since it has not really warmed up all that much here I am still in comfort food mode and my latest new recipe is this french onion braised chicken that I came across on The Kitchn. I am a huge fan of french onion soup, I mean what's not to love about slowly caramelized onions in a tasty broth that is covered in melted cheese! Although this recipe takes a bit of time it is pretty straight forward where you caramelize the onions in one pan, brown the chicken in another pan, make the broth, throw it all in a baking dish and bake/braise until the chicken is cooked before topping with the cheese and broiling until it melts. Overall this is one really tasty dish where the french onion soup and the cheese provides a ton of flavour and the chicken turns it from a side dish into a main course that is sure to impress both your family and guests!
Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments