Main menu

Pages

Barbacoa and Avocado Cilantro Lime Rice Burrito Salad Bowl

Barbacoa and Avocado Cilantro Lime Rice Burrito Salad Bowl
Whenever I make something like beef barbacoa I like to make a double or even a triple batch so that I have plenty of leftovers to enjoy either in the original dish or as an ingredient in other recipes. This works especially well with Mexican style meats since they can be used in so many different ways, say from tacos, to quesadillas, burritos, tostadas, etc. When I made the barbacoa beef I made a lot of it and one of the first things that I did with the leftovers was use them to make these super tasty barbacoa and avocado cilantro lime rice burrito salad bowls. You can never go wrong with a hearty salad for dinner, especially in the summer, and meat like the beef barbacoa is always a welcome addition. I themed this particular salad bowl based on burritos and filled it out with some avocado cilantro lime rice, pico de gallo, beans, cheese, sour cream and fresh cilantro making for one really satisfying meal!

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments