Main menu

Pages

Peanut Butter and Strawberry Jam Muffins


Can you believe that it's Spring already? It felt like a long, cold winter so I'm really looking forward to the lighter days and warmer weather. I've decided to have a little spring clean of my blog and give it a makeover - do let me know what you think. It's not quite what I want but it's a start for now particularly as I'm not very tech savvy!

If you are a regular reader of my blog, you will know how much I love peanut butter. I wanted to bake something for breakfast and decided on my favourite combination of peanut butter and jam but in a muffin form. I added peanut butter chips for extra flavour which worked really well. You can clearly taste the peanut butter and the jam added a lovely sweetness to the saltiness of the peanut butter. These are quite filling and make for a good breakfast. 



 adding the crunchy peanut butter

 adding the peanut butter chips 

 a generous teaspoon of strawberry jam in the middle of each muffin

 ready to go in the oven 

 I love how you can see the jam peeking through 


 You can still see the peanut butter chips

Makes 12 muffins
315g plain flour
100g caster sugar
2 teaspoon baking powder
200g crunchy peanut butter
1 egg
250mls milk
100g peanut butter chips (optional - you can add chocolate chips if you prefer or omit completely)
strawberry jam
  • Preheat the oven to 180C.
  • In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar and baking powder. 
  • In a jug, whisk the egg lightly and add the milk.
  • Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the milk-egg mixture.
  • Stir briefly then stir in the crunchy peanut butter until just combined - don't over mix or your muffins will be tough! 
  • Finally stir through the peanut butter chips.
  • Half fill each muffin case with the batter.
  • Add a generous teaspoon or two of strawberry jam then top with the remaining batter.
  • Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.



reactions

Comments