Main menu

Pages

Chicken and Wild Rice Kale Salad in a Creamy Asiago Balsamic Dressing

Chicken and Wild Rice Kale Salad in a Creamy Asiago Balsamic Dressing
Up next I have another salad for you and this one is based on the flavours of a creamy chicken and wide rice soup! This salad of course starts out with the chicken and wild rice which I throw on a bed of hearty kale and I add some red quinoa for some colour and to add some extra bulk to the salad. Soups very often start with a base of onions, carrots and celery and I did just that and since I like to add mushrooms to my chicken and wide rice soup they were a must and the final ingredient of the salad. The only thing that remained was adding the creamy aspect of the soup and the dressing was the perfect way to do this! Since I had just finished sauteing mushrooms in a pan I figured that a nice creamy pan sauce that picked up all of the mushroom flavour from the pan was a great start and I seasoned the sauce with shallots and garlic before adding some white wine, broth and cream. The sauce would have been perfectly fine like that but I kicked the flavour way up by adding asiago cheese and a few splashes of white balsamic vinegar. This salad is amazing when served with the warm ingredients still warm but it is also good when everything has cooled down. (Even if you do not get to try this salad, you have to try the dressing! I would drink it by the bottle full!)
Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments