Main menu

Pages

Apricot Dijon Glazed Salmon
Easter is coming and I have been have been working on menu ideas and I was thinking about something other than ham and salmon is a great option! I wanted something fruity to represent spring and apricot was my first choice and from there I decided to go with a slightly Asian fusion theme where I combined the aspects of sweet, spicy, salty and sour. The apricot preserves provided the sweet and I went with dijon mustard for the spicy, soy sauce for the salty and lime juice for the sour and the combination created a fabulous blend of flavours that I accented with a touch of ginger and garlic. This recipe could not be easier, you simply mix the glaze, brush it on the salmon, bake and you're done. (You can optionally marinade the salmon in the glaze for a while before baking to infuse it with more flavour.) All said and done, this tasty apricot dijon glazed salmon takes less that 20 minutes to make making it a perfect weeknight meal or a meal for special occasions where you would rather be spending time with your family than in the kitchen. To complete the meal I served the salmon on an apricot quinoa salad along with some simple steamed asparagus making for a really nice Easter meal!
Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments