Main menu

Pages

My menu for Texas Independence Day

chicken-fried steak homesick texan

While it may still be chilly and cold, I love this time of year, as the promise of spring is so close. Dreaming of wildflowers and warmer weather helps me get through the iciest and coldest of days. And just think, in a few weeks we’ll be seeing bluebonnets!

Some of you have asked where I’ve been lately. Well, the past month I have been away from my kitchen working on a project, and haven’t been able to make any new recipes to share with you. (This project is very exciting, though, and I can’t wait to tell you more about it!)

That said, Texas Independence Day is coming up on March 2. While you never need an excuse to celebrate Texas, here are some favorite dishes from my archives that are perfect for honoring such a momentous day.

Happy birthday, Texas! And I'm looking forward to spending more time with y'all soon!

Appetizers:
Bacon jalapeño cheese ball
Bob Armstrong Dip
Guacamole
Nachos
Texas trash

Main dishes:
Beef enchiladas
Chicken-fried steak
Dr Pepper pulled brisket
Frito pie
King Ranch casserole
Peppery pinto beans with sausage
Seven-chile chili
Steak fingers with jalapeño cream gravy

Breads:
Biscuits
Cornbread
Flour tortillas
Jalapeño cheese bread


Desserts:
Chocolate pie
Kolaches
Pecan pie
Ruby Red grapefruit and pecan sheet cake
Ruby Red grapefruit cookies
reactions

Comments