Main menu

Pages

Creamy Parmesan Mushroom and Spinach Tortellini Soup

Creamy Parmesan Mushroom and Spinach Tortellini Soup
With all of the cold and the snow I have been in full on soup mode and my latest soup is this creamy mushroom and spinach soup with cheese tortellini. Mushrooms and spinach are a fabulous combination that I enjoy using in many different dishes so it was inevitable that I eventually used them in a soup like this one and it's a good thing that I did because this is one of my new favourite soups! This recipe is pretty easy, you simply slice the mushrooms, dice the onions, cook them in a saucepan, add the broth and tortellini, cook until the tortellini is done and add the spinach before seasoning and enjoying a bowl of pure comfort! If you know me then you know that I could not resist adding a bit of extra flavour, aka umami, in the form of using white wine to deglaze the pan, adding parmesan and I even add a tablespoon of white miso paste to the soup. No matter how you cut it, this creamy mushroom and spinach soup with cheese tortellini is one hearty and tasty bowl of soup that is perfect for these cold winter days!
Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments