Main menu

Pages

I used to be an avid runner before Bradley was born, but I don't think I ran more than three times in 2014. I just always came up with excuses. We live in a townhouse and our treadmill is in our bedroom, which is right above Bradley's room, so it's impossible to run while he's napping because he'll wake up. And I don't like running outside too much, so that's usually out of the question. I could go to the gym when Chris gets home from work, but by then I just want to hang out with my family. See? Excuses.
I'm starting off the year with a healthy recipe in an attempt to jump-start my healthy lifestyle again. I want to get back into running and eating better, and this is the time to do it! This dip is delicious and a easy mid-day snack to prepare. I usually find myself noshing on granola bars, chips or something else that is not figure-friendly, so I'm adding this to my new repertoire of snack recipes. Enjoy and Happy New Year!

Printable Recipe

Ingredients
  • 1 (15 oz.) can white (cannellini) beans
  • 1 ripe avocado, cut into chunks
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • 1 tsp. garlic, minced
  • 1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • Pepper, to taste
  • Dash of cayenne pepper
  • Vegetables, crackers or chips, for serving
In a food processor, blend the white beans, avocado, lime juice, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper and cayenne. Blend until well combined, about 2 minutes. Add more oil if you want to thin out the consistency. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if necessary. Serve with vegetables, crackers or chips.

Source: SK Original
reactions

Comments