Main menu

Pages

Scenes from my fall tour of Texas



This year I’ve had the pleasure of spending almost two months in Texas, which may be the most time I’ve been there since I moved to New York. I’ve had a marvelous time during these visits, not only getting to meet so many of y’all at book events but also simply driving around our beautiful state and eating very, very well.

When you’re eating (at least) three meals a day over this amount of time, you do indeed accumulate a lot of fine food memories. While it’s almost impossible to have a bad meal when you’re in Texas, here are some highlights from my recent trips home.

Back in September, I began with a meal at Hot Joy in San Antonio, hot off of its being named one of the ten best new restaurants in the United States by Bon Appetit magazine. The migas fried rice was deemed the dish to order and I was very impressed with this Asian-Tex-Mex dish.


Read more »
reactions

Comments