Main menu

Pages



Cardamom Chicken

After a break of 1 week I felt to share something which I really worth a new try of chicken recipe. Usually in South we don't add more of cardamom in making traditional chicken recipes. So this I can say purely of North Indian touch.This reminds one of my Bengali friend who carries chicken with cardamom flavor. I tried out for the first time when my loving sis..as she likes to taste something new. It really turned out perfect and awesome. So this week I prepared the same when my Uncle came. Though my hubby prefers curry always in non veg, appreciated its perfect and from there I confirmed its really worth doing this simple gravy...(only u have to chop more onions:)





A very simple recipe for bachelors to cook....only required of chopping onions in fine pieces :-)

Ingredients :

Chicken - 1/2 kg
Onion - 4 big size (finely chopped)
Red chilli powder -3 tsp
Curry masal powder - 2 tsp
Cinnamon & Clove powder - 1 tsp
Crushed Cardamom - 7  Nos
Cashew paste - 1 tbsp
Gingelly oil - 3 tbsp
Salt as required





Method:


  1. Clean and wash the chicken and drain out the water completely.
  2. Heat 1 tbsp of oil and roast the chicken brown or  until they get half cooked.
  3. Meanwhile heat the remaining oil in another kadai/tawa and fry onions until golden brown.
  4. Add all the masala powder, salt and saute for about 5 minutes in low flame.
  5. Add this ingredients into the roasted chicken and mix well.
  6. Pour sufficient water about 1 cup, cover with a lid and cook in medium flame.
  7. When it reaches the gravy consistency, add the cashew past, give a quick stir and keep covered for 5 minutes in simmer.
  8. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve hot with Rice /Roti/Phulka of your choice.






Note:
  • Clean the chicken properly to remove any blood clots.
  • If you do not have curry masal powder, replace with garam masala. I use home made curry masal powder in health concern.
  • Use boneless chicken if you wish for preparing this gravy, but I used with bones.
  • Get the chicken pieces in medium size or small pieces of your choice.
  •  1 tbsp of cashew paste can be made from 7-8 cashews.

Cardamom Chicken

    reactions

    Comments