Main menu

Pages

Thai Peanut Chicken Noodle Soup

Thai Peanut Chicken Noodle Soup
I am a huge fan of Thai cuisine especially of the spicy peanut sauce which I am guilty of eating by the spoonful. With soup season here I was thinking why not eat it by the spoonful in the form of a soup with all of the flavours of the spicy peanut sauce? I started the soup off with the elements of the peanut sauce including peanut butter, red curry paste, tamarind, sugar and fish sauce for a perfect blend of spicy, sour, sweet and salty. I decided to go with a chicken noodle soup theme so chicken and rice noodles were the next ingredients and since I always enjoy Thai curried pumpkin and sweet potato soups I added a sweet potato to the mix which I pureed to thicken the soup. Up next were some vegetables and a touch of turmeric and finally a garnish of chopped peanuts, cilantro and green onions. I have to say that this is one tasty chicken noodel soup and if you are a fan of peanut sauces then this is the soup for you!

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments