Main menu

Pages

Summer Vegetable Bibimbap with Corn, Zucchini and Black Beans

Summer Vegetable Bibimbap with Corn, Zucchini and Black Beans
Some of my most popular recipes are not the healthiest which may give the impression that I spend my days eating things like grilled cheese sandwiches and hot melted cheese dips which is not the case. I believe in moderation and although the grilled cheese sandwiches and dips definitely have their place I try to balance them out with healthier dishes and even if they are not as glamorous I wanted to start sharing more of them with you. On of my favourite 'healthy' meals is bibimbap, a Korean rice bowl, where the rice is topped with pretty much anything you want along with a spicy chili pepper sauce. One of the things that I like most about this dish is that you can use what ever you have on hand from meats to vegetables and leftovers are just perfect. If you are using only raw vegetables and leftovers then this meal only takes as long to make as it takes to cook the rice and if you have leftover rice then it only takes 5 minutes to throw together! I like to make big batches of rice and assemble all of the other ingredients on the weekend so that I can throw these bowls together quickly for meals throughout the week.
Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments