Main menu

Pages

Pesto Caprese Omelette
With summer quickly coming to an end I have been trying to enjoy it as much as I can and recently I have been focusing on the fresh field ripened tomatoes and basil. The other day I realized that I was not making the most of the summer produce with my breakfasts and that led to the idea of these pesto caprese omelettes! The basic idea was to take all of the ingredients of a caprese salad including tomatoes, basil and mozzarella and use them in an omelette. Of course the easiest thing to do would be to make an omelette and simply throw the tomatoes, basil and mozzarella into it but I knew that they would be even better if I used a fresh homemade basil pesto instead of just basil and not only did I place the pesto into the omelettes filling along with the tomatoes and mozzarella but I also mixed some into the eggs. The trick to these omelettes is to place the mozzarella into the eggs while they cook so that it melts and then place the tomatoes and pesto in later so that they both remain as fresh as possible! I have to say that the pesto caprese omelettes are both a great way to start the day and to enjoy some of summers produce!
Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments