Main menu

Pages

Zucchini Ricotta Gnocchi and Corn in Creamy Gorgonzola Sauce with Crispy Crumbled Pancetta

Zucchini Ricotta Gnocchi and Corn in Creamy Gorgonzola Sauce with Crispy Crumbled Pancetta
Although I could easily eat the ricotta zucchini gnocchiall by itself I wanted to serve it in a tasty sauce! While I thought about sauces I kept drifting towards one of my favourite summer combos, corn and zucchini, and I liked the sound of the corns sweetness paired with the tasty zucchini gnocchi. I wanted the sauce itself to be fairly light to let the flavour of the gnocchi shine but I also wanted it to be tasty in it's own right so I opted for a mild blue cheese sauce using gorgonzola docle. With the addition of a bit of cream I had a super simple, light and tasty sauce for my zucchini gnocchi and all that was left was to garnish everything with some fresh summer basil and a bit of crispy crumble pancetta. The creamy and tangy blue cheese sauce goes very well with the soft and tasty zucchini ricotta gnocchi and the sweetness of the corn and saltiness of the pancetta play off of their flavours beautifully creating one truly magical summer dish! If you happen to have some more zucchini on hand the addition of some shredded zucchini to the sauce is particularly nice!

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments