Main menu

Pages

Jalapeno Popper Dressing

As many of you know I am completely obsessed with jalapeno poppers and I enjoy experimenting using their flavours in others dishes. With summer here I have been thinking about salads a lot and the other day I had a crazy idea, how about a jalapeno popper salad dressing? The thought of a dressing that can give any salad all of the flavours of jalapeno poppers was so wonderfully amazing that I just had to make it! Jalapeno poppers are made by stuffing jalapeno peppers with cheese, commonly cream cheese, and then either breading them and frying until crispy or wrapping them in bacon and grilling them. With these flavours in mind I started the dressing out with a base of creamy and tangy cream cheese along with plenty of jalapeno peppers. Too make the dressing pour-able I added Greek yogurt and butter milk and I seasoned it with garlic, green onions and cilantro. I couldn't give the dressing a crispy coating so I opted for the bacon; I mean you can never go wrong with adding bacon! The resulting jalapeno dressing is super smooth and creamy with just the right amount of heat and all of the flavor of jalapeno poppers! Using a low fat cream cheese works perfectly well in this dressing meaning that it is also pretty light! Salads better beware this summer as this jalapeno popper dressing is coming!

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments