Main menu

Pages

Kale, Butternut Squash and Mushroom Miso Soup

Kale, Butternut Squash and Mushroom Miso Soup
The other day when I was cleaning out my fridge I came across a tub of miso and that reminded me that it had been far too long since I last made miso soup! Miso is a Japanese ingredient that is made with fermented soybeans and it is used in a lot of different dishes including miso soup. Miso soup is a Japanese soup that is made with dashi , a Japanese broth packed with umami, miso and various other ingredients like tofu and vegetables depending on the region and time of year. One of the things that I like most about miso soup is that it is so easy to make and if you have the dashi on hand it only takes a few minutes to prepare. You can add pretty much any ingredients that you want to your miso soup and I like to use whatever vegetables are currently in season and keep things nice and healthy! This time I went with a tasty combo of kale, butternut squash and enoki mushrooms. Miso soup makes for a quick, easy and healthy breakfast, especially when combined with a bowl of nattou on rice!

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments