Main menu

Pages

Chicken Gyro Grilled Cheese (aka The Gyro Melt)

Chicken Gyro Grilled Cheese (aka The Gyro Melt)
Up next for National Grilled Cheese month is a chicken gyro grilled cheese with all of the flavours of a chicken gyro! This is one really impressive grilled cheese containing chicken souvlaki, a Greek style grilled meat on a stick, tomato, onion, tzatziki, feta, and plenty of melted cheese, preferably a Greek melt-y cheese like kasseri. Normally gryos are made with meat that is roasted on a vertical spit but chicken souvlaki is easier to make at home and just as tasty; I mean your really cannot go wrong with grilled meat on a stick! When I had the opportunity to visit Greece a few years ago I had a few gyros and my favourite by far was a chicken one where there were roasted red peppers layered in between the chicken on the spit and since then I have always added roasted red peppers to my gyros and my gyro grilled cheese just had to have them! I have to say that this is one really tasty addition to my grilled cheese lineup and definitely worth the effort to make!

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments