Main menu

Pages

Roasted Brussels Sprout Carbonara

Roasted Brussels Sprout Carbonara
The other day I noticed some brussels sprouts looking rather lonely in the grocery store and that made me realize that with winter coming to an end they would be disappearing soon. Brussels sprouts have to be one of my favourite winter vegetables and despite the fact that I really had not done much with them this winter I always have plenty of ideas with how to enjoy them including this carbonara pasta. Carbonara pasta is an Italian pasta dish that consists of egg yolk, cheese, bacon and plenty of fresh cracked black pepper and I always enjoy throwing a seasonal vegetable like brussels sprouts in the mix to keep things new and interesting and to make it a bit healthier. Although you could steam the brussels sprouts, I prefer to roast them to bring out their flavour and they go perfectly well with the bacon in the creamy egg yolk and cheese carabonara sauce! On of the great things about this pasta is how quick and easy it is to make, taking only as long as it takes to roast the brussels sprouts to pull together making it a great light meal for a weeknight.

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments