Main menu

Pages

When we were younger, my mom would take my younger brother and me to a certain mall solely so we could go to their Orange Julius stand. My brother was obsessed with those things and could easily down 2 or 3 if our mom would have let him. He was hyper enough as it was when he was younger, so I thank her for saving me from that disaster.
I never really knew what was in Orange Julius' besides orange of course. And little pieces of ice and added a perfect crunch to the frothy texture. Now that I know milk is a main ingredient it makes perfect sense! This is a great treat to surprise your kids (or friends!) with. Enjoy!

Printable Recipe

Ingredients
  • 1 (12 oz.) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
  • 1 cup reduced-fat milk
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 10 to 12 ice cubes
In a blender, combine the orange juice, milk, water, sugar and vanilla. Cover and blend until smooth. With blender running, add ice cubes, one at a time, through the opening in lid. Blend until smooth. Serve immediately.

Source: Adapted from Taste of Home
reactions

Comments