Main menu

Pages

Corned Beef Poutine with Guinness Gravy

Guinness and Corned Beef Poutine
As fantastically good as the initial corned beefdinner is, I sometimes think that I look forward to the leftovers even more. There are just so many things that you can do with leftover corned beef and I like to try out new things every chance I get! First up on my list this year, after a required reuben sandwich, was this corned beef and Guiness gravy poutine. Poutineis a dish consisting of french fries topped with cheese curds and gravy and it is amazingly addictive and oh so good! The cheese curds start to melt under the heat of the gravy and the fries and they squeak a bit when you chew them. Since I was making the corned beef to celebrate St Patrick's Day it seemed only natural to continue the theme with the corned beef poutine and make a gravy using a popular St Patrick's Day stout, Guinnesss. I wanted the gravy to be a bit fuller so I included some caramelized onions and I seasoned it with grainy mustard and Worcestershire sauce which go particularly well with both Guinness and cheese. I have to say that this is one tasty way to enjoy some leftover corned beefand it will definitely become a staple St Patrick's Day Dish for me!

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments