Main menu

Pages

Bacon Guinness Chocolate Pancakes with a Frothy Whipped Cream Head and Guinness Chocolate Syrup

Bacon Guinness Chocolate Pancakes with a Frothy Whipped Cream Head, Guinness Chocolate Syrup

This year St Patrick's Day is on a Sunday and that means cutting back on the amount of Irish ales, stouts and whiskies in the evening but it also provides the opportunity to do some more cooking in the spirit of the day, starting with breakfast! Guinness and chocolate are a perfect match and I was thinking that some Guinness chocolate pancakes would be a great way to kick off St Patrick's day! For the recipe, I pretty much took my standard chocolate pancake recipe and replaced the milk with Guinness. I made the pancakes small so that I could make a nice stack of them as if they were Guinness in a glass and I topped them off with a frothy head of whipped cream. Instead of using regular pancake syrup or even maple syrup I decided to kick up the chocolate and Guinness flavours with a Guinness and chocolate syrup! You know me too well; I could not stop there, I just had to add some crumbled bacon to the pancake batter to give the chocolate pancakes a saltiness to play off of their sweetness. (The bacon is of course completely optional and should be omitted for the vegetarian version.) You are sure to get your St Patrick's Day celebrations off to a good start with these totally amazing bacon Guinness chocolate pancakes with a frothy whipped cream head and Guinness chocolate syrup!

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments