Main menu

Pages

Spicy Peanut Chicken Rice Bowl

Spicy Peanut Chicken Rice Bowl
A while ago I made some sweet chili chicken rice bowlsand they got me thinking that spicy peanut chicken rice bowls would also be really tasty! I wanted to keep things relatively simple so I braised the chicken in some of my favourite Thai spicy peanut sauceall day and shredded it before using it in the rice bowl along with the sauce that it was cooked in. The rest of the rice bowls consist of cooked rice, a fried egg, steamed spinach, fresh herbs and crispy fried shallots making for a light and tasty meal in a bowl that is just packed with flavour. If you have a rice cooker you can make things easier by setting it to have the rice cooked when the chicken is done and then all that is left is frying the eggs and steaming the spinach.

Tip: Make a double batch of the spicy peanut sauceand cook some extra chicken for use in some tasty spicy peanut chicken quesadillas

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments