Main menu

Pages

Butternut Squash, Mushroom, Kale and Sausage Frittata

Butternut Squash, Mushroom, Sausage and Kale Frittata
I have had the idea of using the flavour combo of butternut squash, mushrooms, kale and possibly Italian turkey sausage in a recipe for a couple of weeks but I could never really decide what to use them in and I never really had the time to think about it. Now that things have calmed down a bit I finally got to thinking about it and although my initial idea to use them in a quinoa salad sounded good I was looking for something a little different and a frittata sounded perfect! A frittata is an egg dish similar to a quiche except that it does not have a crust and it is cooked on the stove top until the eggs have set on the bottom before being transferred to the oven to finish baking. Frittatas can be filled with pretty much anything and I was thinking that the butternut squash, mushrooms, kale and sausage combo would be a great one! Even though this frittata takes a bit of time time make everything is pretty straight forward and easy and the final result is well worth the effort!

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments