Main menu

Pages

Roasted Strawberry Shortcake Shakes

Roasted Strawberry Shortcake Shake

When I made the strawberry shortcakes earlier in the week I made sure to make a double batch of the shortcake so that I would have some leftovers to use in something else. I came across the idea for roasted strawberry shortcakes on Spoon Fork Bacon not too long ago and I really liked the sound of using the classic flavours of strawberry shortcake in a cool and refreshing drink that would be perfect on a hot summer day. This drink starts out with your basic milkshake ingredients including the milk and the ice cream and then it moves on to add some strawberries and actual shortcake! Yep, you heard me right, big chunks of shortcake are added to the shake and then it is pureed in the food processor leaving tiny bits of cake in your shake! The next part that really makes this treat is that the strawberries are roasted first to concentrate and bring out all of their flavour just packing the shake with strawberry goodness! Right now I am going to enjoy this really cool shake but up next, I think it is going to have to be roasted strawberry shortcake ice cream!

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments