Main menu

Pages

Blender Hollandaise Sauce

With spring here it seems almost inevitable that I dust off my trusty old hollandaise sauce recipe because it goes so well with all of the abundant asparagus that is available right now. A Hollandaise sauce is a French sauce that is an emulsion of egg yolks and butter and it is commonly seasoned with lemon juice, salt, and a touch of cayenne pepper. Given that a Hollandaise sauce is pretty much just and emulsion of butter it is decadently creamy and hint of lemon really takes it over the edge. The one problem with a Hollandaise sauce is that it can be a bit tricky to make by the traditional method over a double boiler and that can intimidate some and keep them from making it. I recently came across the idea of making a Hollandaise sauce in a blender and it is literally as easy and blending the egg yolks and lemon juice and then slowly streaming in the hot melted butter and it emulsifies almost immediately! After coming across the idea I just had to try it and it worked perfectly! Now my only concern is that since it is so easy to make, I will be having this decadent treat far too often.

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments