Main menu

Pages

Sweet Chili Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Sweet Chili Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich

April is grilled cheese month and I wanted to squeeze in at least one more grilled cheese sandwich. I am sure that a lot of you saw this coming but I had some of the amazingly good, sweet and spicy salsa naranjaor orange salsa left and I pretty sure that it would make a fabulous grilled cheese sandwich! I have tried and enjoyed sweet grilled cheese sandwiches like the mango jam grilled cheeseand I have tried and enjoyed spicy grilled cheese sandwiches like the buffalo chicken grilled cheese sandwichso I excited to try combining them in a sweet chili chicken grilled cheese! I started out with some of the leftover orange chicken bulgogialong with the orange salsa and the cheese and I added some extra fresh herbs in the form of basil and cilantro to keep with the Asian themes. I was not quite sure what to expect with this one but the results blew my mind; it was beyond all expectation! The Sweet and spicy orange salsa went so well with the plentiful mouth pleasing ooey gooey melted cheese and since the salsa is just packed with flavour so was the sandwich! The fresh herbs also worked really well in the grilled cheese and I will have to experiment with using them some more.

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments