Main menu

Pages

The Rachel Sandwich (aka Roast Turkey Reuben Sandwich)

The Rachel Sandwich (aka Roast Turkey Reuben Sandwich) with Coleslaw

I made a ton of food over the holidays and of course that means there were a lot of leftovers. One leftover I am always happy to have is some leftover roast turkey as I can't get enough of those roast turkey sandwiches. Over this last weekend I got the chance to dig into the last of my roast turkey leftovers and this time I used them to make some Rachel sandwicheswhich are a variation on the Reuben sandwich. There are several different versions of the Rachel including replacing the corned beef with turkey or pastrami and the sauerkraut is sometimes replaced with coleslaw. I could not really decide which version sounded the best so I tried both a turkey with sauerkraut version and turkey with coleslaw version. Since coleslawis already in a dressing I saw no need for there to be two so I also tried a version where I replaced the coleslaws dressing with the Russian dressing for a turkey and Russian slaw Rachel.

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments