Main menu

Pages

Guinness Braised Onion and Aged White Cheddar Quiche

Guinness Braised Onion and Aged White Cheddar Quiche

With March here, St Patrick's day is not too far off and that is the perfect excuse to cook with some alcohol! One trick that I use to quickly caramelize onions is to add water to the pan which allows for more surface surface area to be in contact with the heat and it allows you to use a higher temperature. The last time I was caramelizing some onions I was thinking that instead of using water, why not use a beer or a wine and with St Patrick's day on my mind a lot recently a nice dark Irish stout like Guinness seemed like the perfect way to go. I was looking for an idea for brunch this past weekend and a Guinness braised onion and white cheddar quiche was sounding like it would hit the spot! In addition to the onions and cheese I really could not resist adding bacon to the quiche and from there I built up the flavours with some grainy mustard and Worcestershire sauce in addition to a bit of cayenne for heat. The Guinness braised onion and aged white cheddar quiche turned out amazingly well! The sweet Guinness braised onions contrasted nicely with the sharp aged white cheddar and the rest of the flavours really played well together in the quiche.

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments