Main menu

Pages

Corned Beef Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Guinness Caramelized Onions

Corned Beef Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Guinness Caramelized Onions

Follow Me on Pinterest

When I made the Guinness caramelized onions for the onion cheddar quicheI could not help but snack on a few of them before adding them to the quiche and I was immediately entranced by them! While I was slowly caramelizing the onions, images were flying through my head with all of the different ways that I could use them and I wanted to try them all! I was finding it difficult to decide exactly which dish to make when I had the idea of using them in a grilled cheese sandwich and I was sold! I was thinking that a corned beefgrilled cheese sandwich would be perfect for St Patrick's Day and stuffing it with drunken caramelized onions would be a treat indeed! Given the use of the corned beef in this sandwich I was reminded another favourite, the reuben sandwich, and because of that I decided to go with a dark rye for the bread. Since I was seasoning the Guinness caramelized onions with Worcestershire sauce and grainy mustard, cheddar cheese only seemed natural to finish the sandwich off. Don't let the time required to caramelize the onions stop you from making one of these sandwiches as they are definitely worth the effort and otherwise really easy to make!

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments