Main menu

Pages

Swiss Chard Salsa

Swiss chard is a green leaf vegetable that I enjoy but I feel that I do not use it nearly often enough so when I came across the idea of a swiss chard pesto on Bev Cooks , I was immediately intrigued and knew that I would have to try it. This pesto/salsa is pretty simple with a base of fresh swiss chard which is pureed with some garlic, jalapenos and pepitas (otherwise known as toasted hulled pumpkin seeds). I was thinking that this pesto is really more like a cross between a pesto and a salsa with its use jalapenos and I took that idea and ran with it a bit adding lime juice and plenty of cilantro. I have to say that this swill chard pesto/salsa is one of the best pestos that I have ever had and I found myself having to resist eating the whole batch by the spoonful before I got to use them in some tacos!

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments