Main menu

Pages

Blackened Shrimp on Kale and Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Andouille Cream

Blackened Shrimp on Kale and Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Andouille Cream

Mardi Gras is next week already and while I may not be attending it is a great excuse to enjoy some Southern cooking! That being said it was the perfect time to pull out this recipe for blackened shrimp mashed sweet potatoes with andouille cream that I came across on Our Life in Food a not too long ago and was saving for a special occasion. Andouille sausage is an amazing ingredient in Southern cuisine and I have been into it ever since I came across it! The andouille cream or gravy in this recipe sounded absolutely delightful and combine that with the tasty blackened shrimp and you have a complete winner! Normally I would think that the andouille cream and blackened shrimp would be served on grits but I liked the idea of serving them on the creamy mashed sweet potatoes like this. The only thing that was missing was some vegetables and I went for some winter greens in the form of blanched kale for a complete tasty meal in one bowl.

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments