Main menu

Pages

Roast Beef Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Caramelized Onions, Peppers and Horseradish

Roast Beef Grilled Cheese Sandwich

While I still had some of the leftover roast beef the other week, I made sure to make a few roast beef grilled cheese sandwiches! This has to be one of my favourite ways to enjoy roast beef leftovers and it gave me the perfect opportunity to update this recipe and to add a new photo (see above). Although simply throwing the roast beef into a sandwich with some cheese and grilling it would be great, I like to add sauteed onions and peppers to bring in some new flavours and textures. There are a lot of cheeses that go really well in this sandwich such as swiss, provolone, mozzarella and this time I went with a sharp cheddar. Of course a touch of horse radish is always welcome and if you have any gravy left over from the roast beef dinner, adding a bit inside the sandwich is good and then serving the rest for dipping is even better! Leftover roast beef is such a magical thing!

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments