Main menu

Pages

Pickled Green Tomato BLT

During the fall when green tomatoes are around I always like to pickle some of them so that I can continue to enjoy them into the early months of winter. This fall was no different and I made several jars of them including a few jars where I sliced the green tomatoes thinly on a mandoline for use in sandwiches. Having recently enjoyed so many BLT sandwiches including more than a few fried green tomato BLTs , I was just itching to crack open one of those jars and use the pickled green tomatoes in a BLT sandwich along with some fresh, ripe red tomatoes. The pickled green tomatoes are a lot like your regular cucumber pickles but they are a bit crispier and more naturally on the tangy side. Many sandwiches would benefit from these tasty pickles especially a nice BLT where they complement the fresh juicy ripe tomatoes perfectly!


Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments