Main menu

Pages

Black Bean Chili Omelette

By the end of the week I was getting near the end of my second batch of the Mexican baked eggsand I was just itching to experiment. All week I had been baking the black bean and tomato sauce, effectively a simple black bean chili, with eggs on top and I had been thinking that it would also be nice to reverse it and cook it with the eggs on the bottom, a black bean chili omelette. I kept things nice and simple and went with a two egg omelet as it fits perfectly in my pan and I topped it with some of the black bean chili along with cheese. (I always like making my omelettes open-faced as that allows for more filling to be placed on top!) Some tricks to help ensure that the cheese on top melts is to bring it up to room temperature and to warm up the black bean chili before adding it to the omelette. I served these tasty black bean chili omelettes garnished with some fresh chopped cilantro and with a side of sliced avocados for a perfectly satisfying breakfast! (I imagine that pretty much any leftover vegetarian chili would also work well in a omelet like this.)

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments