Main menu

Pages

Pear Kimchi

I recently became aware of a Korean restaurant here in Toronto called Swish by Hanthat has an item on the menu that immediately caught my attention, a pear kimchi salad with blue cheese. I am a big fan of kimchi, but I had never even thought about making a kimchi with something like pears but I could just image how good a sweet and spicy pear kimchi would be. I went with a slightly modified version of my normal kimchirecipe which has an amazing combination of savoury flavours. Where the cabbage kimchirecipe calls for letting the kimchisit out a room temperature for a few days to kick start the fermentation process I only let this pear kimchi sit for a half a day let the flavours come out and then I chilled it before serving it. The pear kimchi was a great success! Sweet pears go really well in in a spicy kimchi sauce and I could hardly resist eating it all with a spoon even before trying it in the salad as planned!

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments