Main menu

Pages

Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Fritters

Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Fritters with Balsamic Vinaigrette

The other day I came across my stash of roasted red peppersin the freezer again and since then I could not get them off of my mind; I just had to pull some of them out and do something with them! When red peppers are roasted they become nice and sweet and one of my favourite things to pair them with is a salty feta which helps to balance out their sweetness. I already had an idea on how I wanted to use that roasted red pepper and feta combo and that was in the form of some crispy fried fritters.

At their base fritters consist of some kind of body, in this case the roasted red peppers and feta, an egg and some flour or bread crumbs to hold everything together. From there you can mix in any other flavours that you want and I went with some oregano and a splash of balsamic vinegar as they also both go well with roasted red peppers. The fritters are then finished off by spooning the batter into a pan to fry in oil until golden brown and crispy on both sides. This is certainly another winning way to enjoy that roasted red pepper and feta flavour combination! In fact they are so addictive that I have already made them a few times! Although they are great just the way they are, they are even better with a balsamic vinaigrettefor dipping or drizzled with a balsamic syrup.

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments