Main menu

Pages

Maple Pecan Shortbread

While I was searching for shortbread recipes I came across this one for maple pecan shortbread that sounded so good that it immediately made it to this years holiday cookie platter. Maple and pecan are among my favourite flavours and the combination of the two is simply amazing! It is a flavour combination that I really enjoy and frequently use. These cookies are essentially a shortbread with chopped pecans and maple flavouring in the form of maple syrup. To get even more mapley goodness I also replaced some of the sugar in the cookies with maple sugar. The cookies are then finished with a topping of a pecan half and some coarse grained sugar. Although these cookies are pretty easy to make, the dough requires some chilling time in the fridge so plan appropriately. You really cannot go wrong with buttery shortbread cookies and these maple pecan short bread cookies did not disappoint! The maple and pecan flavours came through really well and the cookies seemed to literally melt in your mouth. I can see that these cookies will definitely have a place on my holiday cookie platter for years to come!

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments