Main menu

Pages

Turkey and Zucchini Green Chili

Turkey and Zucchini Green Chili

With the weather starting to get cooler I have been thinking about soups and stews a lot more. Even with the cooler weather, the markets still have a lot of late summers produce and I figured that it was the perfect time to enjoy some of those vegetables in a warm and hearty stew. I remembered seeing some tomatillos the week before and I was immediately thinking about a salsa verde and a green chili. A green chili, or a chili verde, is a chili that uses tomatillos and green chilis such as poblano and jalapeno chilies instead of tomatoes and red chilies. I tend to associate turkey with fall and it had been a very long time since I had used any so it was the natural meat for the chili. With the base of the chili done, I packed in more vegetables in the form of some zucchini and corn and I bulked everything up with some white beans. Despite the fact that the salsa verdewas already bringing a lot of flavour to the table, I could not resist adding even more with a heaping tablespoon of cumin along with some oregano. This ended up being one really tasty chili that was also nice and tasty and it really hit the spot on a cool day!

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments