Main menu

Pages

Jamaican Jerk Burgers with Pineapple and Banana Relish

Jamaican Jerk Burgers with Pineapple and Banana Relish and Sweet Potato Fries

Being well into summer I figured it was high time that I continued my experiments with burgers. At its base a burger is ground beef that is formed into a patty and grilled to perfection. But, why stop there? Why not take the opportunity to add flavour? Over the last few summers I have been enjoying experimenting with various burger flavours and concepts and I had been itching to try a few more. The next burger that I wanted to try was one that was seasoned with a Jamaican jerk spice blend.

I went with beef for the meat, though chicken would also work well. For the jerk spice blend I modified the jerk marinaderecipe that I used a while ago and reduced the amount of liquids in it so that it was more of a paste than a marinade. The scotch bonnet or habanero pepper in the jerk paste was bound to make things a little bit spicy so I decided to fill out the bun with a cool, juicy and creamy pineapple and banana salsa to help mellow things out and to build on the feel of the tropics in the burger. I served the jerk burgers with pineapple and banana salsa with some home made sweet potato fries.

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments