Main menu

Pages

Greek Style Pulled Lamb Pitas

Greek Style Pulled Lamb Pitas

Ever since I made the Korean BBQ pulled pork sandwichlast week, moist, tender, flavourful pulled meat has been on my mind. I was thinking about what else I could do with pulled pork when inspiration struck! What about pulled lamb? As soon as I though about lamb I was thinking about a nice simple souvlaki kind of marinade with olive oil, lemon, garlic and oregano. Of course it would have to be a pulled lamb pita rather than a pulled pork sandwich and I could fill it with tzatziki, fresh diced tomatoes, red onions and feta. Things were starting to sound good!

I wanted to get the maximum flavour out of the lamb and it's tasty marinade so I started early and marinated it over night. Next up was slowly cooking it all day until it was so nice and tender that it was literally falling falling apart. After shredding the lamb I could not let all of those juices, which now contained most of the marinade along with all of it's flavour, go to waste so I skimmed the fat from them and mixed them into the lamb. Those juices both made the lamb even tastier and they helped to ensure that the lamb was nice and moist. I all honesty I could have just eaten all of the lamb just like that with a spoon, well maybe I did have a spoon or two as it was, but next it was time to assemble the pitas. The combination of the moist, tender and tasty lamb with the cool, creamy, garlicky and minty tzatziki and the ripe juicy tomatoes and the salty feta was just out of this world good! Now, what to do with the leftover pulled lamb?

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments